Wednesday, June 04, 2008

 

Rasheed Wallace has not conceded the Eastern Conference Finals

From the "If sports were politics" dept. ...

"While this postseason was long, I am so proud we stayed the course together. Well, all of us except Flip – See ya, Flip.

"And I want you to know, I will be making no decisions tonight. Yes, the Celtics won some games. Four games, in fact. And some of y’all might say that four is all you need to win a best-of-seven series. But we came too far to just give up that easily.

"I am committed to uniting our league. So we move forward, into the Finals. The Lakers. The Celtics. And the Pistons.

"A lot of people are asking ‘What does Sheed want? What does he want?’

"Well, Sheed wants what he’s always fought for in this whole season. I want what I’ve always wanted. I want to be the greatest power forward in history. I want to be able to play three days a month and still get paid. I want somebody to come up with a pill that will get rid of that white spot in the back of my ‘fro. And, more than anything in this world, I want to…

"Dance!"

[Circle forms and Sheed does The Sheed]

Comments:
Well done. And I especially appreciate the attention to detail -- Sheed is wearing all-blue in the photo; Hillary wore all-blue last night. Of course, Hil-Rod's was more of an eletric blue, with matching shirt and blazer no less, while Sheed can at least use the excuse that his is a uniform and he has no other option. And, well, Sheed usually strips off his jersey after a loss, while Hillary thankfully kept the upper section of her pant suit on last night.

Now, if Sheed could only master Hillary's rhythmic clap-clap-point-point response to music, we'd be in business.

The "What do I want" section was my favorite part of Hillary's speech last night -- she clearly did not hear the wife and I yelling at the TV, "We want you to go away." I guess that's what happens when you hold a rally in an arena that gets no cell phone reception and post no televisions anywhere. Though, to score one in Hillary's favor, the setting forced Chis Matthews say "Bears' Den" over and over again. Keith Olberman looked pained.

And, finally, is it now safe to say that Hillary occupies the same space as Ron Paul? Neither can win, but neither has dropped out. Kind of like Gary Player at the Masters.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?