Wednesday, June 18, 2008

 

How does a football-kicking mule not make this list?

The American Film Institute came out with its Top 10 genre movies today, including sports. Here is their list:

1. Raging Bull; 2. Rocky; 3. Pride of the Yankees; 4. Hoosiers; 5. Bull Durham; 6. The Hustler; 7. Caddyshack; 8. Breaking Away; 9. National Velvet; 10. Jerry Maguire.

I’ve got mull this over a little – and sadly, I’ve never seen Raging Bull, which is a major omission on my part – but I’m still inclined to go with Bull Durham as No. 1. But hey, kudos to AFI for putting Caddyshack on the list. Possible omissions include The Natural, Dodgeball and Gus (a Disney movie about a mule that kicked field goals; I loved that one as a kid).

Your thoughts? Your Top 10?

Comments:
Field of Dreams would have been on my top 10 list.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?