Friday, May 09, 2008

 

Ode to The Rog

From a rerun of Cheers this morning:

Woody: I remember when my cousin moved to the big city, Terre Haute. He came back with his head between his legs.

Sam: You mean his tail between his legs.

Woody: No, I mean his head. Crane accident.

--

In other brief notes, I know I'm not objective about the whole thing, but I think the Pats taping something like 5 games of defensive signals is a big deal. The NFL is saying it's not new information, but it is concrete evidence. And if the Pats lost a first-round pick for taping one game (the Jets earlier this year), shouldn't there be a similarly stiff penalty for taping 5 games? I don't see this as the double jeopardy situation the NFL is making it out to be. And I know everyone says that everyone tapes signals, but so far only one team has been caught.

But, as I said, I know I'm not objective when it comes to the Pats, so please tell me if I'm over-reacting here.

--

How about home-court advantage in the NBA? So far in the second round, the home team is 10-0 after going 29-14 in the first round. No point here, just thought it was interesting.

Also amazing is what the Celts' D did to LeBron in the first two games. So far he is 8-for-42 from the field (for 33 points) with 17 turnovers. In his defense, he does have 14 rebounds and 15 assists, but still ...

Comments:
That is good stuff. Oh that Woody.

I still thin kabout Coach and Albania

I would like posting ability please
Joe
 
No hockey posts Joe. You're the only one who cares.

As for the Pats, I have reverse bias from EJ, but as I remember it, didn't Belicek already admit to Goodell that he taped games? I thought the punishment was based on being caught for the jets game and the admitted previous wrongdoings.

think the home-court advantage in the NBA is, to a degree, a creation of the refs. It's been amazing the way games have been called in each venue. It's definitely going to affect teams like the Celtics and the Cavs and the defense they play.
 
Don't bring me down Matt
 
Did he admit to taping other games at that point? That would make a big difference -- I thought the penalty was just for taping the Jets' games.

Needless to say, I'm guessing Arlen Specter has bigger fish to fry. To an extent, I can understand Congress getting involved in steroid abuse because of the example it sets for younger kids. I'm not as concerned about 12-year-olds taping the defensive signals at peewee football games.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?