Thursday, May 08, 2008

 

The Future of Sportsmeat

In which Budds answers all the questions you were afraid to ask.

Reader(s?) - So what's the deal, are you guys still alive?

Yes. Still alive.

R - Why no posts?

Well, we have jobs and stuff -- yards to mow, dogs to walk, that sort of thing. Some of us have new jobs (Congrats E.J. and Thunder, and Snoop too). On top of that, I haven't watched a sporting event start-to-finish in about a year, so I don't feel all that qualified to comment. E.J. is more qualified, although Thunder seems to question that. But don't worry, they're still friends I think.

R - So if you're not qualified to write about sports, why don't you write about something else?

Not a bad idea. For instance, I'm fascinated that my dog, who only eats two meals a day, seems determined to eat them as quickly as possible. So he really only spends one minute eating in a 24-hour period. Me, personally? I'd savor that kibble. But that's the extent of my thoughts on the topic. Not much of a blog post, see?

R - Well, I'm a reader. I'm literate. Let me write. Let me keep Sportsmeat alive.

OK, again, not a bad idea. If you want Sportsmeat posting privileges, shoot me an e-mail or put it in the comments section. I'm cool with that.

R - On second thought, I have a job too. I'd probably slack off like you guys. Shouldn't we just let Sportsmeat die with dignity?

Well, I'm not quite ready to end it. I'm still anxious to write about my first foray into fantasy baseball (the Jersey Jughandles are in 9th place and climbing, baby). And what will I do when I get the urge to write the next act of the Roger Clemens musical? You know the part where he hits on Miley Cyrus and gets punched by her achy-breaky daddy? What then?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?