Wednesday, February 27, 2008

 

Gary called me up and asked if I would write his theme song

We'll get back to sports pretty soon as we get closer to the NCAA Tournament, but for now, more TV. My latest was to try and figure out my favorite TV theme songs. I know I'm leaving out a ton and I had trouble whittling it down to five, but here are my five and a few too many honorable mentions:

1. It’s Garry Shandling’s Show
2. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
3. The A-Team
4. Cheers
5. Monk

Honorable Mention: Dukes of Hazard, The Jeffersons, MASH, The O.C., Sanford and Son, Saved by the Bell, Veronica Mars.

To hear any or to check out more, click here.

Comments:
What's Happening had a pretty jammin' theme song, Dukes of Hazzard is a good one, and you know my feeling about all things Fresh Prince. If it's down to five, I'll go:
1. Diff'rent Strokes
2. Dukes of Hazzard
3. Malcolm in the Middle
4. Fresh Prince
5. What's Happening

Keeping in mind that the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, of course...
 
Any thing with gun shot sounds has got to the tops.
1. A-Team
2. Different Strokes
3. Family Guy (could not sign it, but I do enjoy)
4. For some reason Sanford and Son
5. Cheers

Honorable: Threes Company, Bev Hills, the OC, Family Ties from my feminine side.
 
How about "The Greatest American Hero?" I used to walk around as a 5 year old singing "Believe it or not, I’m walking on air. I never thought I could feel so free-e-e.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be? Believe it or not it’s just me."
 
1. Greatest american Hero is by far the best. No question about it. I miss that show.
2. Jeffersons
3. Miami Vice
4. Dallas
5. Facts of Life (You all know it. Don;t lie to yourselves)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?