Thursday, January 17, 2008

 

NFL Picks - Championship Game Weekend

The Sportsmeat 2007-08 Football Pool is winding down with four people still in the running for the top spot. As we enter the penultimate weekend, I have a tenuous two-point lead over Budds, with Joe trailing by 11 points and Maxipriest by 20. There will be 10 points on the line this weekend, with each championship game worth 10 points.

The picks are straight up (no spread involved) and the games are:

AFC: San Diego Chargers vs. New England Patriots
NFC: New York Giants vs. Green Bay Packers

Choose wisely.

Comments:
My record picking the Giants this year is abysmal, so it may bode well for them but I'm going with the Packers in the NFC. As to the AFC, I again will root against my pick of the Patriots.
 
I'll take Iowa and New Hampshire.

Actually, I'll take the Giants, because I'm legally obligated to take them, and the Chargers, because they were my preseason pick (although they weren't really my preseason pick -- I actually thought the Pats were going to win it all, but EJ had picked the Pats, and Budds had picked the Colts, and I thought the Chargers were close to those two teams, so in the interests of competition, I picked the third major contender).
 
In my attempt to win this thing, I will be picking against EJ and take the G-men. I would love to take the Bolts this weekend but do not see any way the Pats are going to lose and need to stay within 10 points of EJ going into next week.

G-men, Pats
 
Pats, Pack.

I hope they're close games, but two blowouts wouldn't surprise me.
 
Rematch of Superbowl XXXI - Patriots vs. Packers
 
Chargers and Giants, but only for the purposes of making a comeback. there is no way that happens
 
I'm left dizzy by the logic of BT's picks.

Giants
Pats (to overtake BT in the PP standings)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?