Wednesday, January 23, 2008

 

Down the Stretch They Come

Many strategies were tried. Budds, Snoop and myself took the safe route and picked the favorites, while Big Thunder and Maxipriest took the risky route and took the underdogs. The result was a 1-1 week for all five, opening the door for Dave Law and Joe, who posted 2-0 weeks to make strides with one week left in the season.

As to the Super Bowl, we'll open it up for 20 points - 10 to pick the winner, 5 for the spread and 5 on the over/under. Sticking with our recent political vibe, that leaves four people still in the running, with Maxipriest playing the Dennis Kucinich part with a major long-shot to overtake the three in front of him. Budds being the incumbent winner earns the Hillary Clinton nod, whereas I represent a change in possible champion (Barack Obama), while Joe is still in the running but needs help (John Edwards). Is this fair? No, but I didn't want to be Hillary so I stuck Budds with it.

Below are the updated standings:

EJ - 207 points (5 this past weekend)
Budds - 205 (5)
Joe - 201 (10)
Maxipriest - 187 (5)
Dave Law - 126.5 (10)
Big Thunder - 122 (5)
Snoop - 111 (5)
Y.A. Shoes - 35 (0)

Comments:
I am down with that as long as you can handicap the 4 in the running using republican references. Not sure I like being part of this association.

Go Team Red!
 
Yikes.

Well, I'm happy to be Kucinich.
 
You had to give me Hillary, huh? Well here's my zig to your zag -- Hillary's gonna win, so I'm going to go against my better judgment and take this as a compliment. I am woman, hear me roar.
 
Joseph -- I like you guys all too much to compare you to the republican candidates, but if I must, I must.

Here goes:

McCain (Maxipriest) - McCain was a war hostage held as a POW in a single room for years, occasionally getting glimpses of daylight through the cracks in the wall; in college, Maxipriest rarely left the house, occasionally getting glimpses of daylight while drinking on the front porch.

Huckabee (Snoop) - A reformed fatty, Huckabee once ate five cakes in one sitting at Friendly's; a reformed slacker, Snoop once ate cake off the ceiling at Leasure Dome.

Romney (Joe) - The xenophobe of the group, Romney has vowed to keep illegal immigrants out of the country, just like Joe tried to keep people not on the list out of our parties.

Giuliani (Y.A. Shoes) - Perpetually disgruntled, Giuliani has built his entire campaign around a single issue (terrorism), while Y.A. Shoes, occasionally disgruntled when drunk and dressed as Santa, has built his entire wardrobe around a single pair of shoes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?