Monday, December 10, 2007

 

Can anyone catch Budds?

It's getting a little late in the game and Budds has settled into a commanding lead, after everyone had either six (everyone but me and Joe) or two (me and Joe) points this week. I picked against the Patriots because I always pick against the Patriots, but I have yet to figure out why I took the Ravens (since I can't stand them) and I found out shortly after picking the Cardinals that they were missing both Pro Bowl receivers (minus-2 points for not doing your homework).

Alas, it may not matter. Budds is now up 17 points on Snoop for second place, while a mere 2.5 points separate second place from fourth. To deny Budds a second consecutive title, someone will need to make a run during the college football sportsmeat spectacular or the NFL playoffs, where points abound.

Overall Points (points this week):
Budds 114 points (6)
Snoop 97 (6)
Maxipriest 95.5 (6)
EJ 94.5 (2)
Joe 85 (2)
Big Thunder 70 (6)
Dave Law 67.5 (6)
Y.A. Shoes 29 (0)

Comments:
Is it safe to start betting based on Budds' picks? Can someone convert those pride points into percentages?
 
It looks like our only hope is in the three chairman of sportsmeat enacting a version of Final Jeopardy where we can bet all of our points in the last week of the season (i.e. double or nothing). What do you say BT and EJ (I'll leave Budds out since he's clearly in the minority)?
 
The good news is that the college football pool could be worth as much as 55 points, and we always weight the NFL playoffs. So hope remains.

Of course, considering that my NFL picks are definitely sub-.500 this year, I'm not betting on me.
 
If we do Final Jeopardy, I'll be selecting all teams that have never been in my kitchen.
 
Nice use of Claven, BBD.

Incidentally, it is about time to set up the Sportsmeat college football bowl spectacular. My proposal:

1) Each player must pick at least 5 bowl games on which to wager.
2) Each player must wager at least 5 points on each game.
3) Nobody may wager more than 50% of their available points on any one game.
4) Each player must wager all of their points (BBD must wager a total of 114 points, Dave Law must wager 67.5, etc.).

What sayeth the Meatstituency?
 
Also, I'll volunteer to keep score if my system is approved.
 
I like it BT.
 
I like the use of "Meatstituency" and the offer to keep score. Hell, I like the whole thing. Why not? It's only pride. I like strategerizing as much as the next guy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?