Thursday, August 16, 2007

 

Flip factor


The K.G.-to-Boston deal has made the Celtics a far more intriguing team – a team that I might actually be inclined to watch when I’m flipping through TNT on a cold, midseason night. Pre-Garnett, a Celtics game would have had trouble competing with a Colbert Report rerun, but now, it’s a legit, potentially entertaining option. This got me thinking about which teams rank high on the “flip factor.” In basketball, what teams are going to suck me in for a minimum of four possessions? In football, who’s going to keep my groggy arse awake after halftime on Monday Night Football? In baseball, which teams are compelling in August, even when they’re playing Tampa Bay? I’ve come up with my list. Comments encouraged.

NBA: Suns, Lakers, Mavericks, Celtics, Cavaliers, Spurs
NFL: Colts, Eagles, Chargers, Patriots, Bengals
MLB: Red Sox, Yankees, Brewers, Braves, Mets

Comments:
NBA -
Suns
Lakers
Mavs
Celts
Knicks (if Clyde is announcing)
Warriors
Raptors

NFL -
Jets
Chargers
Packers
Bengals
Bears
Saints
Colts

MLB -
Mets
Cardinals
Padres
Cubs
Brewers
Red Sox
Orioles
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?