Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

Down with the King


I touched on this in my recent epic post, as well as in the comment section, where I ran off an unprecedented 4 straight comments without a response, but I just wanted to reiterate one point with our east coast readers who might not have stayed up late to watch a total blowout (namely Budds and EJ): the Oakland Raiders are an embarrasingly bad football team.

As further evidence of their ineptitude, I'd point to Peter King's prediction column on SI.com. King, a writer not overly prone to hyperbole, predicted that the Raiders would lose by 48 points to the Ravens on Sunday.

And I'm pretty sure he wasn't joking.

Comments:
My favorite Raider moment was Jerry Porter cheering after an Aaron Brooks sack (or maybe an interception, perhaps both). Then, when called on it, he responded by saying that he wasn't cheering the sack and/or INT, and that, in fact, he wasn't paying attention to the game at all. OK. That's better.

Now, that said, the Pats should still consider sending a 2nd or 3rd round pick to the Raiders for Porter. Losing Branch for nothing that will help them this season is a BIG blow. That, plus Givens and Vinatieri and McGinest is a lot to lose. They may have two great tight ends but they're still in trouble.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?